Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What is "From the Hot Corner"?

Ladies and Gentlemen, without further a due, I present From the Hot Corner.

What, you might ask, is From the Hot Corner?

Relax, and just bear with me and let me have my debut moment.

From the Hot Corner is an inside look at the Hopkins Royals Varsity baseball team from yours truly, Mr. Bill Gregg, 3rd baseman and amateur blographer (still waiting for my someone to pick me up and start paying for me for this).

Why, you also might ask, is it titled From the Hot Corner? You also might be asking what a blographer is. First of all, the 'hot corner' is another name for 3rd base (my position) because groundballs are said to come very fast. A blographer is a term I made up for one who blogs. I figure if I'm going to blog, I might as well enter the blogosphere with at least a cursory knowledge of 1) The lingo, and 2) Making things up.

The main purpose of From the Hot Corner will be to go into the dugout, and for the first time ever, out onto the field with the Hopkins Royals.

How, you might be asking, will you do that? To that I say, first off, that you ask too many questions. Than I will indulge you by saying that I will share with you the anecdotes, experiences, triumphs, tragedies, and sunflower seeds that make the Hopkins Royals who they are.

I plan on posting after every game and letting you know how things went, who wore what, what's the hot gossip, and how many times Coach Lerner walked out slowly to the umpire and asked, "Can you tell me what you were thinking there?"

The first game is tonight against Richfield at 4:15 pm at Pat Berger Memorial Field at Hopkins High School. Try to be there, but if you can't, read my posts to stay up with your own Hopkins Royals.

No comments:

Post a Comment